At the start of the year I decided that it was time to get my stash in order. For the last few years my stash has been kept in Elfa drawer units and I came to the conclusion that I really need to be able to see my fabrics in order to use them. So hubby and I went to Lowes and bought a wire shelving unit and then we pulled all the drawers out of the existing units (well hubby did since I can’t lift anything that heavy with a broken elbow). Next I started refolding all of my fabrics and sorting them by color/theme. This picture shows my “normal” fabrics, 100% cotton quilting fabrics sorted by color with the novelties/prints together as well.
I still have to go through my flannel fabrics and I have already moved my panels, wide backings, Christmas fabrics, 30’s prints and batiks/hand dyes into other units. My fat quarters and precuts (jelly rolls, charm packs, layer cakes, honey buns & FQ bundles) still need to be put away but I should be able to get that all taken care of soon.
I’m also going to rearrange the layout of my studio to make it more quilter friendly. So I’ll post more pictures as I have things settled.
I think 2010 is going to be a great year for organizing!!