Thursday, June 28, 2007

Love Quilt Finished!

Well I mentioned a few posts back that I had quilted the love quilt for a friend's family after her passing. Tonight I finally finished the binding and label. I sure hope her family feels the love and comfort that this quilt was made with.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Finished Another!

Well I finished quilting the other Turning Twenty Again quilt for my customer/friend. This one is quilted using the Feather & Curl from the book Meandering Magic by Suzanne Earley. I used a King Tut varigated gold to brown thread. I'm very happy with the way this one turned out and I can't wait to use this quilting pattern again.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Jolly Green Giant's TP Roll

Roll of Batting
Originally uploaded by mdquilter
....At least that is what my hubby says it looks like. HEHEHE

Several people have asked for a picture of my hanging roll of batting. I went to Lowe's Home Improvement Center and bought 2 closet rod support brackets and used an old closet rod that wasn't being used in the sewing studio anymore and had hubby hang my roll of Quilter's Dream Puff batting above my HQ16 system. This way the batting is accessible and the cats cannot destroy it :)

Monday, June 18, 2007

A Finish!!!

Well it's not "my" finish, but I did finish quilting a customer quilt today. The top is the Turning Twenty Again Pattern and I just love the colors!! I used a freehand curlique pattern all over and used King Tut varigated brown thread on the top and bottom. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and I hope she is too :) Next on the frame is another Turning Twenty Again for the same customer/friend

Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Fairly Productive Weekend!

Well at last I have something to show for my weekend :)

On Friday I drove up to PA to visit some friends from guild and have a sewing day :) I took the Diva Bag I was making for my mom and managed to get it 95% finished (I finished the other 5% today). This bag is wonderful and the directions are very easy to follow. It has a ton of pockets and though it looks small when closed it will carry alot of stuff. Now I'm off to load another quilt on the machine.....

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Quilter is Back.......

........ I think.....So far so good, I managed to quilt a quilt on the HQ16 this past weekend and my foot didn't even scream at me. I think it's pretty much healed, which is a very good thing since I have alot to finish in a very short time :)

This weekend I got my sewing studio cleaned spic and span! And I even managed to get all of my fabric purchases from the last few months put away by rearranging my storage units. I now have all of my UFOs and finished tops in a freestanding drawer unit under the HQ16 table and my Elfa basket drawer units are filled with stash :) I still want to get a couple more freestanding drawer units to put under the HQ16 as well for batting scraps and some of my smaller finished quilts, but that will have to wait for the weekend.

I also got hubby to finally hang up my roll of batting so that I can actually use it without worrying about one of the cats using it to sharpen their claws. So I feel 100% more organized and energized to quilt quilt quilt (Now to find the extra hours in the day to allow me to do just that LOL).

The main accomplishment of the weekend though is that I finally finished quilting a love quilt for a friend that passed away last week. I received the top a few days before I cut the bottom of my foot and was just now able to get it quilted. I'll finish the binding and label this week and then send it to a friend who will present it in person to our friend's family. I'll post pictures later this week after the binding is finished :)

Hope you all have a very quilty week!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I Just Can't Say No....... a new swap...Take a look at my sidebar and you will notice abutton for the new Doll Quilt Swap It's not too late to join in on the fun!! There are pics posted of some of the previously swapped quilts. I am really looking forward to making a pretty little doll quilt or 2 or 3 or 4 hehehe

I'm looking forward to a fun time :)

Friday, June 1, 2007

My Round Robin Center

Well I finished my round robin center for the 30's round robin I joined recently. It is now winging it's way to Kansas. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone adds to it :)

And here's a gratuitous picture of 2 of my kitties. The calico is Sneak, the black and white is Anabelle. Sneak is her Momma.