Well I went into the studio this afternoon and saw a stack of blocks sitting there waiting to become a quilt top. So I decided to do just that :)
These are from a Black & White Churn Dash swap that I participated in last year. I decided to set them using the BQ2 pattern and I really love the effect. I'll be using this pattern again to set 12" finished blocks :)
This year I decided to join chookyblue's SSCS swap and had alot of fun stalking my partner's blog to learn more about her. I found out that she and I have alot in common. So much so that I didn't want to send out the item that I made for her as it is sooooo "Me". But alas it is winging it's way to it's new home and I sure hope that she likes it as much as I do.
Here's a peek at what I made for her. I can't show the completed item until it's opened on Christmas Day.
Awhile back I quilted a baby quilt for an online friend of mine. We are in a Round Robin group together and the group got together and made blocks for a baby quilt for her new baby (who should be arriving this coming week). I wasn't able to show the quilt until after she received it, she received the quilt this past week and finally opened the box LOL.
So here is what the quilt looked like when it left my house to be bound and labelled. I used a flower meander from the Pajama Quilter Reloaded DVD by Dawn Ramirez. I'm very happy with the result!
Well I finally managed to get the projects from the weekend hung up and photographed. I'm very happy with what I managed to get done and I'm even happier to say that I now have 2 UFOs closer to completion :)
Here's the top that was starteed by my mother in law when we took a class together 4 or 5 years ago. A couple years ago she brought me the pieces and asked me to finish it for her. So I finished up the blocks at retreat and just need to add borders then quilt and bind it. This will be her CHristmas gift this year.
This is a full shot of the top I made for a friend during retreat. 3 years ago she and I went fabric shopping and she picked out the fabric and pattern. I started it awhile ago but got bored with it and moved on to something else. I just need to add border, quilt and bind it now. I'm feeling good that it's much closer to being on her bed now.
I also finished the center of a mystery top that I'm pattern testing, so I can't show the top yet, but I will be able to show it on January 1st after the mystery is revealed :)
The other project I worked on was a purse for the Polka Dots & Rick Rack swap hosted by Sharon at Red Geranium Cottage. It is now on it's way to it's new owner and packed with goodies :) I can't say who it's going to as it is a secret :)
Well I survived retreat! We had a great time.... Good Food, Great Company and Plenty of Quilty Time...... as usual!
I managed to finish a quilted purse (which I can't show because it's for a swap. I will post a picture once it's received. I also finished the centers of 2 UFO tops and assembled the Mystery quilt top I was testing.
Here's a picture of part of one of the tops. It's a 2 color quilt and was pretty easy to put together. The top is queen sized.
And here's a picture of the quilt top that my friend Carla pieced during retreat. She used the Portobello Market fabrics by Moda and it is LOVELY! Hard to believe that this is only her 2nd bed sized quilt ever!
I'll post more pictures after I have a chance to hang the tops and photograph them :)
I've been quite busy the last few weeks, but I can't really show much of what I've been working on. I've been testing a mystery quilt pattern and can't show the progress, however I am on the 2nd to last step so my blocks are almost finished :) Here's the fabrics I'm using for the quilt top.
I also cut up a bunch of fabric for projects I'll be working on at retreat this weekend :) 20 1/2 yards out of the stash....YAY!!!
I also cut out and made myself a new purse today......another 2 yards out of the stash. The pattern is called the Salem Bag and I bought the pattern at a local quilt show this summer. I am quite happy with it. The pattern called for a button and loop closure but I used a tab closure with a magnetic snap.