Saturday, February 13, 2010

First Ever Knitting Class!

So I’ve been knitting off and on for 30 years or so (my mom taught me how to knit when I was in 2nd grade) but I have never taken a knitting class until today.  I start my first of 3 Toe Up Sock classes and what a fun time!  There are only 2 of us in the class so it’s very laid back and I’m having a ball!  We learned a Figure 8 cast on and the Magic Loop method for toe up socks.  I’m using a 100"% Superwash Merino Wool sock yarn and 32” long #2 circular needles.  Here’s some progress pictures…

011 013
We learn how to shape the heel in the next class so i have to knit to the heel this week.

5 comments:

Angel said...

Your sock is looking great! Socks are about all I like to knit these days. I have never done them from the toe up.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Your toe looks great. I can't believe you got all of that done in one class. The yarn you're using is really cute too!

Regina said...

Oh wow - you are flying! You will have these done in no time!!!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It looks great!! Welcome to the Sox Pox community!!

I'm going to have to make a few more pairs of top down before I attempt the toe up, but I can't wait!

swooze said...

Very, very nice.