Saturday, September 29, 2012

On the Needles–September 28th

It’s sock knitting time in my house….woohoo!

I’m gearing up for Socktoberfest by knitting some socks this week.

Last weekend I started a pair of socks that will be a Christmas gift for my husband.  He has very large feet (12 wide men’s) so I have never knit socks for him.  But this year when I was at the knit in at the Manning’s I decided to buy yarn for socks for him.  I cast them on last weekend and am almost to the heel gusset…YAY!

003

I also decided to start another pair of socks for myself.  Since I can only work on hubby’s socks when he’s not home or when I’m out at knit group I needed a project to work on while hubby and I are watching TV in the evening.  I decided to try out the Skyp pattern and modify the pattern to knit them toe up instead of cuff down as written.  I have now turned one heel and am working on the other sock’s heel turn now.  They should be finished this week!  I’m calling them Skyp the Tea Party Socks because the yarn is Fresh From the Cauldron SW Sock yarn in the Tea Party colorway.  Fun and bright!!

001

This week I also managed to finish the hat that was on the needles last week.  Love this Golf Pants colorway, the way that the color pooled looks like a golf course to me.  I’m very happy with the result!

009

Hop on over to JudyL’s Blog to see what’s on everyone else’s needles!

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Love the Tea Prty socks and hat. Your DH should be pleased with those socks. Is it hard to modify at pattern like you did?