Sunday, July 22, 2007

Another Top Complete!


I started this top last Friday at my sew day in Pennsylvania, and completed the top (with the exception of the borders) this afternoon. I really love the way it turned out. The pattern is called Pineapple Blossom and is available for free on Bonnie Hunter's site. The pattern is designed to be completely scrappy, but I really like the look of the controlled scrappy I used. This quilt was made from 10 FQs and about 1.5 yards of the offwhite. Not a bad little stash buster :)

I can see myself using this pattern for a few more of my FQ collections in the not too distant future :)

18 comments:

Sarah Nopp said...

Very pretty. The colors are nice and subtle and work well in this pattern. And they really set off the creams so you really see the different designs in the blocks.

Debi said...

Very pretty quilt, I like your color choices. Thanks for the link to the pattern.

floribunda said...

beautiful, Beth!

Sølvis blog said...

I really like your color-combination on the pinapple-quilt

sewkalico said...

It's awesome - I love your color scheme. Will have to give this a go sometime.

Lisa D. said...

That's beautiful!!!

swooze said...

Very pretty. Are the colors in the pic true or is the actual piece darker?

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a great quilt!
I've never worked with these colours before but I really like how you've used them in this quilt!

Kim said...

ooooohhhhh pretty Beth- I can see that done in blues....congrats on the quilt show quilt also :)

Helen in the UK said...

This looks wonderful in the colours you chose - a very versatile pattern. Congrats :)

tami said...

Beautiful. I like the look of controlled scrappy too. The colors you chose are perfect.

Mary said...

Oh so pretty! I love the pattern!

Meredith said...

Yours looks great! I like your controlled scrappy. I think I may need one for myself.

Floss said...

That looks great, love the look of the controlled scrappy.

Jeanne said...

Beth, your quilt is wonderful! Thanks for sharing the pattern name, too. I wouldn't have recognized it as one of Bonnie's patterns with the fabrics you chose. I like the look of controlled scrappy, too. So many options out there.

Quilting Pirate said...

beautiful!!! Missed reading you blog...I'm so behind!

Rose Marie said...

Sometimes, a controlled scrappy is better and I do like your version. Lovely colours!

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful........