This is the Boxy Stars quilt that I started last Sunday at Bonnie's workshop in VA. I finished the top on Wednesday and loaded it onto the frame before bed. On Thursday night I loaded the bobbins. Then I threaded the machine and went to test my bobbin tension on my Towa gauge and discovered that the tension screw had fallen out. I couldn't find it anywhere......so much for quilting it that night. Yesterday at lunch I went to my dealer and bought a new bobbin case and was all set to quilt when I got home from work. I finished the quilting and had the binding and label attached by midnight and then stayed up til 3am working on the handstitching of the binding, went to bed and got up at 9am to finish it before the party. Gotta love a quilt that is finished in less than a week after cutting the fabrics :)
This quilt also used 10 yards of fabric!!! YAY!!!! 5 yards on the top and 5 yards for the backing and binding. I quilted a loopy meander using Essential varigated "Primary" on top and in the bobbin. I find this thread to be very linty but it worked well for this quilt. I also tried the Fairfield 80/20 batting for the first time and was pleased with the results. Since the couple is moving to Hawaii on Tuesday and will be there for 3 years the lighter weight quilt will be nice.
And here are some pictures of the happy couple playing around with some of the going away gifts they received today :)