Monday, June 13, 2011

Reviving the Blog!

WOW!  I can’t believe I haven’t posted to the ole blog for over a year!  I have been a knitting MACHINE and done very little quilting.  Yarn is overtaking the fabric in my studio LOL.  I know I will return to quilting one day, but for now I’m enjoying a hobby that doesn’t sequester me from other people in a room of my own.  In fact the only time I go into the studio is to put yarn away, wind yarn for a project or blocking a project.  The last quilt I finished was a Tshirt quilt in November for a friend using her late Father in law’s Tshirts.  It turned out lovely and the family was very happy with the result.

Here’s a picture of it:

002

On the knitting front I’ve finished lots of socks and several scarves and shawls.  At the moment I’m working on a pair of socks using a fun self striping yarn in my favorite colors (pink, green and yellow).  I knit all of my sock using a 2 at a Time Toe Up Magic Loop method.  Here’s the socks in progress:

003

I’m also working on my first Entrelac piece.  It’s a lovely shawl and the pattern is called “Autumn”.  I’m using Jojoland Rhythm yarn which is a self striping yarn and alot of fun!  I think this shawl will look great with jeans this winter!  Here’s what the finished shawl will look like:

Autumn Shawl

And here’s mine in progress:

002

I also participated in a Summer Mystery Knit Along host by my favorite sock pattern designer, Wendy Johnson.  The shawl pattern was alot of fun and I used Dream In Color Smooshy yarn in the Into the Mystic colorway.  Here’s a picture of the finished shawl:

004

I’m happy to be back to blogging and I’ll do my best to keep blogging away!

Happy Knitting and Quilting!   

1 comment:

ShinyNewThing said...

Welcome back to Blogland! I laughed when I saw you are now into knitting - so am I, big time. But I am still doing some quilting as well. best wishes, Sharon