Monday, March 17, 2008

Stash Report & Clearing off the Frame!

Well I haven't posted a stash report lately because I have been crazy busy with work and family. But here's what I managed to do stashwise this week:
  • Cut fabrics for a Pineapple Blossom that I'll be working on with some friends at our guild retreat. We all cut fabrics into the necessary rectangles and will put them all in the middle of the table and start sewing. I cut 20 FQs and 2 yards of background = 7 yards of stash!!

  • Bought no new fabrics!!!
Here are my goals for the coming week:
  • Cut the white rectangles to finish off the sailboat blocks and sew them to the top of the blocks

  • Choose and cut sashing for the sailboat top
  • Finish my addition to a 30's round robin

  • Bind triptych pieces

  • Make birthstone postcards

  • Avoid buying any fabric for the stash!!
I also spent alot of this afternoon clearing off my HQ16 frame. It became a dumping ground for all of my sewing related items that were in other parts of the house. Today I finally went thru everything and put the "stuff" away.


Here's the frame before:


And after:

It's so nice to have the frame cleared off and ready for me to load the valences I plan to use to practice my "Wonky Feathers" before loading a customer quilt. Here's hoping I can get everything finished this week and still work 3 of the 5 days LOL


5 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Goals--good idea. People with goals get a lot done. Please tell us how your wonky feathers go. Did you practice on the dry erase board??

Vicki W said...

Congrats on the stash use! It's energizing to clean up occasionally. My cutting table periodically gets huge piles of stuff and I have to take a day to clean it all out.

country mouse said...

Congrats on all you were able to accomplish. I know the needing to clear off things feeling. There are times I'm lucky I can see my sewing and cutting areas at all. It feels so good to get it all cleared off and ready to use. Hope you are able to reach all your goals and more!

floribunda said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who piles a ton of stuff on the HQ table and then has to sort it all out... it's kind of like the old joke about using the treadmill for a clothes storage device! Congratulations on coming clean!

Kathy said...

I don't have an HQ 16 frame, however my cutting table looked alot like your frame this past week! It is now pretty well cleared off and waiting on my to do my next project!