Saturday, March 24, 2007

A New Toy for Me & Progress!!!

Well this certainly fits into the Stashbuster Ring Topic of the Week.....Machines!!!

I got an early birthday gift from my mom (my birthday isn't until May), she and I went out yesterday and traded my Janome 4900 in on a Janome 6600, complete with the 1/4" foot adapter for the AccuFeed system!! I just love love love this machine!!!

In total, I have 7 machines in my sewing room (but 10 total sewing machines in my home). My new Janome 6600 is my primary piecing machine and I also have an HQ16 system for long arm machine quilting and a Brother PE700 Embroidery only machine....The 3 machines are setup at all times in the sewing room and are operational on any given day depending on what I am in the mood to do.














The other machines in the sewing room are my Centennial Edition Singer Featherweight (which I intend to use for classes, but always find a reason to take my big machine), an Elna 9006 sewing/embroidery machine, and Elna 6003 Quilter's Dream (this was my first "real" quilter's sewing machine) and a Brother SE270-D embroidery machine. The Elnas are my backup piecing machines and the Brother is my backup embroidery machine...

I also have my grandmother's Singer cabinet machine (a 301 I think) in my dining room and my mom has a Singer sewing machine and an Elna serger in her bedroom...

So we certainly have plenty of machines in the house....LOL


So, in the world of progress.....This afternoon I finally finished the round robin that I have been working on for quite awhile, it took me forever to figure out what to do and I am very happy with the results and I hope the owner is as well when she gets it home :)

Back to enjoy the new machine some more :)

5 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

Congrats on your new machine!! I day dream about having the Janome 6600... ahh. But my machine works just fine and I'm not going to complain. But won't pass up a chance to own the 6600 either! ;)

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

What a great setup! Congratulatiosn on your new machine.

Granny Fran said...

Happy early Birthday! I can only imagine having enough space for all those machines. I love those funny bugs your fellow quilt retreat quilter made.

Sweet P said...

Congrats on the new machine. You have a great set up to get all your sewing needs done.

The RR is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new sewing machine! Wow, you must have a huge sewing room :-) Glad you had such a great time at retreat. I wish I could go on one every month hee hee.