Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How I Spent Last Week’s “Staycation”…

I spent the week preparing to be a vendor at my first craft show.  I made ornaments and coaster and some bags.  Worked my fingers to the bone and my embroidery machine even revolted one day.  But I persevered and managed to get a nice inventory ready for the show.  The first hour I had a couple of sales but nothing for the rest of the day.  What a disappointing venture.  Everyone that came by told me how nice my workmanship was but they didn’t put their money where their mouth was so to speak.  Judging by the other vendors at the show (mostly jewelry) it wasn’t very profitable for them either….. Oh well, live and learn.

This is what my table looked like.  I was pretty happy with it.

004

Today is the first day of another “Staycation” (I went into the office for the day yesterday to catch up on some things and am off again until Tuesday of next week).  I’ll be working on some lunch bags this week for another show I’m doing next Thursday night.  This show is at a Middle School and will be benefiting the school’s Relay for Life team.  I think there will be some teachers there who may like the idea of the lunch bags.  I’ll make a few using the Loralie Breast Cancer Ladies panel and hope for a few sales there.

Thanks for stopping by :)

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I think that's pretty much what's happening everywhere!

Barb said...

I know you worked so hard and I also know how disappointing it is.

Love your table and good luck on your next one....

Sheila said...

Looks great, Beth. Your sales woe reminds me of a sign I saw at a show once... "Yes, you could go home and make it, but will you??" I think of that every time it crosses my mind to have a table at a bazaar or something. Good luck at the next one!