Between his illness and work and my mom's health and my daughter's end of school activities I have barely stepped foot into the sewing room. But Thursday night I managed to get some applique projects together and worked on them over the weekend. Here's what I managed to finish that I can show you (one of the projects is a round robin that we are not supposed to show the progress of until it gets home).
This is a block for an applique block swap I am in. The theme is "schoolhouse" and our blocks are supposed to depict something we enjoyed in school. I chose art class for my blocks and am really happy with the result.
This is my addition to an international round robin that I have been in and now this top is headed home tomorrow. I thought that the top looked "finished" so I added this applque flower to 2 corners of the last border that had been done. I really think it helps to balance out the top. I'm not showing the whole top because I want to full top to be a surprise when it gets home (hopefully later this week).
I am almost caught up on swap/round robin commitments and am very happy about that. I have 3 quilts here to quilt for others and will be thrilled when they are done and headed home so that I can concentrate on my projects without feeling guilty.
Hope everyone had a good holiday and I hope to be posting more to my blog soon!