Saturday, November 10, 2007

Weekend Stashbuster Retreat


Well this weekend is the stay at home retreat on the Stashbuster yahoo group! And I have big plans for busting a little more stash!
I plan to finish 2 round robins as well as an aplique block for a swap I'm in. All the projects will come from stash!
I also plan to put my Black and White Churn Dash swap blocks together into a top. If you look at my UFO list, most of the UFOs are blocks from past block swaps. I just got these churn dash blocks back yesterday and had already pieced my setting blocks so all I have to do it put the top together. And the best part, all of the fabrics that I used for the swap as well as this top came from my stash! What a wonderfully freeing feeling to be able to put blocks and tops together and not have to run to the LQS!!

And speaking of the LQS, this weekend is the annual Quilter's Quest in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area. Well I decided that since I joined the No Buy Challenge at the beginning of this month that I would not lead myself into temptation by going on the shop hop. I really want to sew down some of my stash this year and am hoping that this challenge helps me to curb my impulse fabric purchases. It's not easy with all of the new pretty Moda fabric lines that are "Coming Soon" but I am strong and will resist for as long as I can hehehe.
I'll be sure to post some pictures of my progress this weekend :)

4 comments:

Sweet P said...

Good luck on your retreat. I'm retreating too and so far have completed 3 of the items on my list and I'm working on the 4th one.

swooze said...

Good for you! I look forward to a long list of finishes...at least to top stage! Even though I am not officially No Buy I will be there in spirit. Yes I have bought but with control :D.

Sarah Nopp said...

Moda Lines are ALWAYS a problem for me... such temptation... such small likelihood of actually completing anything LOL

Cathie said...

Hi Beth.
Love your little blog here. I like the idea of your 2007 finished projects and new projects started in 2007 sections. It gives me an idea as things to do on my own blog -- for truly - don't you find our blogs are as much if not more for ourselves than for others???
Thanks for sharing your creativity.I'll be back.