Thursday, January 18, 2007

So Much to Report Today!

Yesterday was quite the productive day! I not only stitched out another of my fairies (only 2 left to stitch), but I also finished my Trip Around the World quilt top, now to figure out borders!! Here are the pics of the 2 accomplishments from yesterday:


This afternoon while I dusting off the HQ in order to load a friend's quilt, I saw the USPS lady bring a package to the front door, brought it inside and knew exactly what it was!!! My Round Robin is HOME!!! YAY!!! I'm sooo happy with what all the gals did!! Thank you Cally, Lisa, Elaine, Nancy & Ronda....it is just beautiful!!! Here's a pic of the finished top:


Tonight I am taking a class at the LQS to make the "Diva Essential Bag". I'm very excited about this class. I bought the pattern and fabric for this bag ages ago and never got around to making it. So when I looked at the class schedule from the LQS I jumped at the chance to finally make the bag :) I also hope that I will finally learn to inset a zipper (LOL I'm a quilter not a garment sewer so never learned this). Here's a picture of the pattern and the fabrics I'm using for the bag. The cat print is going to be the outside and the pink/black polka dot is the lining fabric.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Trip-Around-The-World quilt top is gorgeous! Can't wait to see how you quilt it. The embroideries are nice too, and your round robin is darling! The bag will be fun - I like your fabrics for that project. Welcome to the webring!

swooze said...

Great job Beth! I wish my progress was faster on my goals but at least I am making progress! Do you plan to quilt these tops right away?

Meredith said...

The trip around teh world is nice even without borders. I really like all the bright fabric. Gopod luck on all your list of projects.

The Calico Cat said...

Love the kitty round robin!

(I have both of those pink cat fabrics...I even know what quilt I want to make with them, I just need to get around to it!)