Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
- Finished the center of my Carolina Crossroads Mystery top, I haven't figured out the yardage used yet, but I plan to use the leftover fabric from my accent fabric and the FQs I used for the borders.
- Finished the tulip block for a theme applique swap I'm in
- Finished my addition to a small round robin
- Finished the last row for a Row Robin - used 3/4 yard of 30's scraps
- Bought No Fabric!!!
Here are my goals for the coming week:
- Cut out strips for the Quiltville Bargello Bowl Project
- Work on swap/round robin commitments
- Finish the triptych projects for MQR
- Avoid buying Fabric!!!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
And the last couple days have brought me some fun mail!! I got my round robin back from the Feedsack Friends group! It looks fantastic!! I am thrilled with it and I wouldn't change a thing!! Thanks you to all of you ladies that worked on it!!
And today I received my final gift box from my Secret Quilter on the MQR Forum and found out that my Secret Quilter was the ever sneaky Gayle McKay. SHe really had me going over the last 6 months! She went as far as to send me a secret email telling me that Gayle had offered to send a package out to me from her. Thank you soooo much Gayle....You have been AWESOME and I just love everything you've sent me!! Here's the latest package which includes 2 lovely pewter trays with quilt block designs stamped into them and a fabric panel that I have been eyeing for awhile (I'm on a fabric diet or it would have already been mine LOL) and some coordinating fabrics. This will become a wallhanging for my studio sometime soon :) You are the best Gayle!!!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
- Finished quilting the shop sample that gave me fits the week before. This quilt used 2.5 yards of 108" wide fabric from my stash!
- Completed steps 5, 6 & 7 (blocks) from the quiltville mystery. Step 5 used 1.5 yards of stash. The other steps are piecing the blocks from the units already made so they didn't use any additional stash.
- Avoided buying any fabric!!
These are my goals for the coming week:
- Assemble the Carolina Crossroads top
- Catch up on the round robins here at the house
- Work on the Triptych Challenge pieces on the MQR list
- Avoid buying fabric!!
Here are the Step 6 setting triangles and the Step 7 Ring blocks from the Quiltville Mystery:
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
- Finished steps 3 & 4 of the Carolina Crossroads mystery, this quilt is all from stash and the 2 steps together used approximately 2 yards of fabric
- Worked on quilting a class sample for a friend (this would be finished if I hadn't messed up on one row, I'm still ripping out some quilting and should have the ripping finished tomorrow as well as the quilting). The backing fabric came from stash and is 2 1/2 yards of 108" wide backing fabric
- Avoided buying fabric!!
Here's my goals for the coming week:
- Finish quilting the class sample
- Complete step 5 of the mystery
- Finish my row for a row robin
- Avoid buying fabric for the stash!
Not a bad week overall. My goals for the week are pretty light since I will be out and about running hubby and mom to doctor's appointments pretty much every day this week. So I decided to be realistic and not push myself too hard LOL
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
Well not a great week in the land of stashbusting, but a good week nonetheless. Here's what I accomplished this past week:
- Finished the 2007 NYE mystery by Ann Smith, all fabrics cut from stash the week before.
- Finished my contribution to a Round Robin, all fabric from stash (approx. 1/4 yard of white Kona)
- Finished the 9" black & white churn dash blocks for a swap, fabric from the leftover fabrics used in the 12" churn dash blocks from last year
- Avoided buying fabric!
These are my goals for the coming week:
- Cut and make step 3 of the quiltville mystery
- Add my round to another round robin
- Finish my row in a row robin
- Quilt a Turning Twenty quilt for a friend (I am providing the back fabric from my stash)
- Don't buy fabric!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Well I cannot believe that I have been blogging for a year today, 2007 just flew by!
I have had a blast sharing my quilty life with you all over the last year and I look forward to sharing another year with you all.
I have decided that 2008 will be the year for me to gain better control over my quilty fabric stash as well as my many UFOs. My UFO lists have been updated and are posted on my sidebar. I am teetering on that 100 UFO mark and that kinda scares me LOL. I'm certainly not saying that I will not start new projects in 2008, I need to start new projects if I want to use more stash. But I will als concentrate on some UFOs along the way. Most of my UFOs have not reached the "top" or "flimsy" stage and I'd like to change that. Hopefully by January 2009 I'll be able to say that I have finished many UFOs and that I've turned most of my stacks of blocks into tops that are ready to be quilted!
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2008!!!!